Environmental Policy Statement
S&ME believes it has an important duty to reduce its impact on the environment in all aspects of S&ME’s business units and to provide the necessary organization, commitment and training to fulfill this duty. Executive and senior management firmly believes in and is committed to monitoring and improving environmental performance, pollution prevention, waste minimization, and sustainability.
THIS DUTY WILL BE ADDRESSED IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:
- Incorporating environmental responsibility into all business units by reviewing the environmental aspects of our operations; planning to reduce and then reducing our environmental impacts; reviewing and developing procedures; setting targets; and, performing periodic performance reviews.
- Complying with the requirements of existing environmental regulations and encouraging our subcontractors to meet similar requirements.
- Pursuing continuous improvement in environmental performance, where reasonably practicable, by setting objectives and targets, especially in addressing the areas of sustainability, by reducing energy and water consumption, increasing re-use and recycling, and improving solid and liquid waste management methods.
- Implementing a chemical review program for evaluating the chemicals required to operate our business and, where feasible, selecting chemicals that achieve the requirements with the least environmental impact.
- Implementing a systematic waste reduction program.
- Maintaining effective communication and training systems on environmental awareness.
- Promoting these duties by positive, active and inquiring engagement with our employees, our subcontractors, our customers, our clients and our communities.
All employees are responsible for contributing to the successful implementation of this Policy by adopting it as an integral part of their administrative and operational planning and work execution, and by providing suggestions for improvement.
This Policy Statement is communicated to all employees, is posted in each operating location, and is published on S&ME’s website. The objectives will be achieved through development and implementation of an Environmental Management System.